I’m Nick. This website is my homepage for sharing recipes, camping resources, and other thoughts. You probably landed here because I am sharing a recipe with you.
A bit on me: I work remotely as a software developer, programming mainly in Python, Go, C, and Lua. I work broadly across backend systems and devops, including small-scale web API servers, scheduled job processing systems, and event processing systems.
For fun, I enjoy cooking, board games, camping & hiking, studying the Bible, and listening to audiobooks. I also write a bunch of software for personal use.
I speak English and German (C1-level). And, I’m learning Polish.
To contact me, click here.
I like to blog on non-technical topics, like cooking, nutrition & health, theology, and board games. Below are my latest posts!
- 2023-11-10: Relating Events to Emails & Vice-Versa [Calendar Features: Part 3]
- 2023-11-05: Better Task Management for Projects [Calendar Features: Part 2]
- 2023-03-18: Easter and Lunar Calendars [Calendar Features: Part 1]
- 2023-01-23: Naïveté in Early Character Encoding [ASCII: Part 3]
- 2023-01-18: Adiós to Simplified Loanwords [ASCII: Part 2]
For more, see the full blog archive.
I eat a plant-based diet. And, I am always on the lookout for great recipes and restaurants without animal products. Here’s some of my favorites:
- 3 Bean Salad
- Aloo Gobi
- Banana Bread
- Black Bean Soup
- Broccoli Soup
- Hunter’s Burrito
- Mushroom Stroganoff
- Overnight Oats
- Peanut Curry
- Split Pea Soup
- Super Simple Smoothie
- Tikka Masala
- Tofu Scramble